Wednesday, October 5, 2011

“How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?”

I would likely to use blogs, wikis and delicious throughout the lesson, before or after the lesson.


Blogs

I can easily use the blog to organize a collaborative learning environment in which students can peer edit others’ postings. Students should be encouraged to comment their partner’s postings, which can also 
be shared by other classmate.
 I believe that students who are aware that their postings and comments will be read by their classmates will be more careful before they post them.
Wikis

I could upload or link to videos or images and set group or pair work tasks for students to do. I could use the 'To do' feature of the wiki to set up tasks for different groups or students.
The wiki also has a lot of communication features so I could set up online discussion / forum tasks with students so that they could discuss the story and make decisions about how they want to change or develop it.
Wikis are a wonderful tool for students to work together and produce high quality texts.

Delicious


 I can ask them to go and search on delicious few useful sites related to the vocabulary that can be associated with the lesson that they've already learned it in class, and even upload their recommended websites.

Technology really help developing and enhancing the learning process. It would expose students to more useful technologies, therefore, they can benefit its uses.

5 comments:

  1. Dear lovely girl,
    Wikis are best for collaborative work. Blogs are better for students to have a web presence.I like how you add a brief introduction to your posts. It's better to use the word "add" bookmarks when using delicious, not the word "upload". I agree with you in that"Wikis are a wonderful tool for students to work together and produce high quality texts".
    I love how you use images on your post.
    Dr. Hala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ala'a..
    I strongly agree with you about that Wikis are a wonderful tool for students to work together and produce high quality texts.
    and you add a great and spesific idea.
    have a nice day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alaa for this post, you gave us useful ideas which will help us in teaching and I agree with you that Technology help us to develop and enhance the learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi alaa...
    your explanation is very good and clear..
    I think you will be a good teacher in the future..

    see you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alaa, I was interested when I read your post.
    It has useful ideas which we can apply to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Hi: every one
I hope to enjoy with my blog